- Eco-ZEAS80 energy-saving inverter type air conditioner is marketed.
- Daikin/Arkema joint venture company starts production of new refrigerant in China.
- Daikin McQuay Solutions Plaza is established in the New York, U.S.A.
to exhibit cutting-edge, large-scale air conditioning equipment
- Three local sales subsidiaries of Oil Hydraulic machineries are integrated into "Daikin Hydraulic Engineering Co., LTD.'"
- Daikin Europe begins a cross-border academic-industry cooperation project to construct Net Zero Energy Office, which has net zero energy use, in Germany.
- Daikin Altherma for apartment buildings and collective housing, an air-to-water heat pump system for heating, cooling, and domestic hot water, is marketed for the European market.
Commercial-use air purifier equipped with flash streamer is marketed.
Commercial use Air Purifier
- Daikin and Nippon Valqua form capital alliance for fluoropolymer business in China
- Air conditioning sales subsidiaries in Japan are reorganized to establish a subsidiary specializing in sales for mass retailers.
- Daikin Air Survey Team, which verifies simple customer concerns, is formed.
- Miharimo power saver controller and Soine sleep time controller are marketed.
- DESICA, commercial-use air treatment unit for controlling humidity, wins Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry Invention Award at the National Commendation for Invention
- Turkish heating and air conditioning manufacturer Airfel is acquired.
- Agreement is conducted with the Shiretoko Nature Foundation and Towns of Shari and Rausu to support environmental protection on the Shiretoko Peninsula
- Daikin becomes first Japanese company awarded "Best Employers for Workers Over 50 Award" by the AARP (former the American Association of Retired Persons.)
- ZESTIA marine container refrigeration unit is marketed.
Daikin opens a new solutions plaza Fuha: Tokyo.
Solutions Plaza Fuha
- Daikin Air Conditioning (Suzhou) Co., Ltd. is established in Suzhou, China as Daikin's largest air conditioning production base for air conditioning equipment.
- "VRV Energy-Saving Tuning" service is received the Prize for eco-friendly products.
- ZEAS series featuring the world's first all aluminum constructed "microchannel heat exchanger" is marketed.
- RakuAir, the first residential air conditioner in Japan to use design psychology in development, is marketed.
- Daikin is adopted by METI as Manager to Promote the Introduction of an Energy Management System (BEMS aggregator).
- PT. Daikin Airconditioning Indonesia is established as an air conditioning system sales company.
Goodman, Major U.S. residential unitary company is acquired to build a solid base for positioning Daikin as the leading company in the global air conditioner market.
- "Urusara 7," featuring the world's first adoption of the next generation refrigerant R-32 in a residential air conditioner, is marketed.
- Daikin-Sauer-Danfoss Ltd., which performs all activities of product development, manufacturing, and sales of oil hydraulic equipment used in construction machinery, is established.
- DESICA HOME AIR, a residential use control unit for humidity and ventilation of an entire building, is marketed.
- Expands use of refrigerant R-32 to India.
Residential air conditioner Urusara 7 receives various awards including a "Prime Minister's Award" of the 5th Monodzukuri Nippon Grand Awards for excellent engineering, a "Minister Prize of Economic, Trade and Industry," of Energy Conservation Grand Prize for excellent energy conservation equipment, and a Red Dot Design Award.
The Monodzukuri Nippon Grand Awards Prize Ceremony
- Daikin opens a new solutions plaza Fuha: Osaka.
- An agreement with Kyoto University for a comprehensive partnership is concluded with the aim of creating a new social value by integration of the arts and sciences.
- TSP, a leading distributor of commercial HVAC equipment in Indonesia, is acquired.
- Clear Force Z, an air purifier using Streamer technology and having humidifying and dehumidifying functions that automatically control room humidity, is marketed.
- "FIVE STAR ZEAS " air conditioner for stores and offices that is the first commercial air conditioner to use the refrigerant R-32, is marketed.
- Daikin Europe celebrates the 40th anniversary of its founding.
- Daikin Asahikawa Laboratory is established with the aim of expanding the heater and hot water supply system business.
- Daikin Air Conditioning Saudi Arabia is established as an air conditioning system sales company.
- Participation begins for "Smart Community Project in Greater Manchester, UK".
Daikin presents its first exhibit at the global design festival "Fuori Salone".
- The "Forests for the Air" project starts as a Daikin social contribution celebrating the 90th anniversary of its founding.
- Achieves 10 million production of packaged air conditioners.
- The VRV X Series, which substantially improves year-round operating efficiency, is launched.
- CDP selects Daikin Industries as a Climate Performance Leader.
- Field test starts for micro-hydro power generation for water pipelines in Nanto-shi, Toyama.
- Daikin's environmental education program wins award for excellence at Career Education Awards sponsored by METI.
- Goodman established new base in U.S. state of Texas.
- Acquires refrigerant business in Europe from leading chemical group Solvay S.A.
- Technical assistance to Thailand for next generation refrigerant R-32.
- Offers worldwide free access to patents for equipment using next generation refrigerant.
- Publishes "Ninety years' company history".
- White House recognizes air conditioner and chemical manufacturer Daikin for commitment to reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions.
Completion of the "Technology and Innovation Center".
Ten-Meter Electromagnetic Semi-Anechoic Chamber
- Publishes its policy and comprehensive actions on the environmental impact of refrigerants.
- Flanders Holdings LLC, the air filter manufacturer in U.S. is acquired.
The giant "Dai Pichon-kun" billboard appears in Umeda, Osaka.
- Zanotti S.p.A., an Italian manufacturer of commercial-use refrigerators and freezers is acquired.
- Daikin Airconditioning Egypt S.A.E is established.
- The highest class certification of "Eruboshi" was granted with the enforcement of the Act on Promotion of Women's Participation and Advancement in the Workplace.
- Daikin Airconditioning New Zealand Ltd. is established.
- Dinair AB, an air filter manufacturer in Sweden is acquired.
- “VRV compressor retrofit system,” a maintenance service which reduces the usage of energy significantly in the existing air conditioning equipment in buildings receives the “Minister Prize of Economic, Trade and Industry” from METI, the highest award for conserving energy.
- Total sales of air conditioners using HFC-32 (R32), a refrigerant with low global warming potential (GWP), reaches 10 million units in more than 50 counties.
Daikin Texas Technology Park, the largest air conditioner manufacturing factory in Daikin for North American market, is opened in Texas, U.S.A.
Daikin Texas Technology Park opening ceremony
- DK-Power, Ltd., a subsidiary of Daikin Industries, Ltd., which generates power through micro hydroelectric power generating system is established.
- Daikin acquires Airmaster Corporation Pty Ltd., a leading company in Australia in the fields of service and solution for air conditioning equipment.
- Daikin and Osaka University concludes a comprehensive collaborative agreement aiming to create innovation by combining the expertise of HVAC and AI / IoT field.
- Daikin Chemical Southeast Asia Co., Ltd. is established.
- Daikin acquires Heroflon S.p.A., an Italian manufacturer of fluoropolymer compounds.
“Risora,” a wall mounted residential air conditioner and “Cocotas,” a multi-cassette-type air conditioner for small spaces is marketed to meet the various array of needs in living environments.
- Daikin launches “Daikin Information and Communications Technology College,” a training program to secure AI/IoT experts.