The Company announced today its purchase of treasury stock on the market subject to Article 210 of the Commercial Code. Additional details are provided below.
This successfully concludes the plan to purchase treasury stock as approved at the Ordinary General Shareholders' Meeting held on June 29, 2005.
- Period of purchase: Friday & Monday, July 1 & 4, 2005
- Number of shares purchased: 153,000
- Cost of acquisition: ¥427,166,000
- Method of purchase: Purchased on the Tokyo Stock Exchange
- Relevant resolution passed at the Ordinary General Shareholders' Meeting held on June 29, 2005
Type of stock to be purchased: Common shares of Daikin Industries, Ltd.
Maximum number of shares to be purchased: 160,000
Maximum total cost of share acquisition: ¥600,000,000
- Number of shares of treasury stock purchased after the Ordinary General Shareholders' Meeting and the cost of acquisition
Number of shares purchased: 153,000
Cost of acquisition: ¥427,166,000