Management Strategy and Sustainability
Basic Management Policy of the Daikin Group
Our Group Philosophy and People-Centered Management
Our Group Philosophy is the basis for all action aimed at becoming a corporate group that is trusted by customers worldwide, and that instills pride in Daikin employees around the globe. Daikin's People-Centered Management, meanwhile, is based on the belief that employee growth generates corporate growth and is implemented with the goal of creating a workplace where employees can use their talents to the fullest.
The Daikin Group believes that if both employees and company executives put Our Group Philosophy and People-Centered Management into practice, then we can achieve sustainable development and growth.
Our Group Philosophy
Our Group Philosophy
- Create New Value by Anticipating the Future Needs of Customers
- Contribute to Society with World-Leading Technologies
- Realize Future Dreams by Maximizing Corporate Value
- Think and Act Globally
- Be a Flexible and Dynamic Group
- Be a Company that Leads in Applying Environmentally Friendly Practices
- With Our Relationship with Society in Mind, Take Action and Earn Society's Trust
- The Pride and Enthusiasm of Each Employee Are the Driving Forces of Our Group
- Be Recognized Worldwide by Optimally Managing the Organization and its Human Resources, under Our Fast & Flat Management System
- An Atmosphere of Freedom, Boldness, and "Best Practice, Our Way"
OUR GROUP PHILOSOPHY (ABOUT DAIKIN)
How We View CSR
- Through the strict implementation of Our Group Philosophy, the Daikin Group will fulfill its social responsibilities worldwide in all facets of relationships with stakeholders, thereby raising corporate value and contributing to the sustainable development of society.
- Based upon thorough observance of legal compliance and corporate ethics, the Daikin Group will focus on contributing to society through its business activities. As a good corporate citizen, we will be highly sensitive to the needs of each world region in carrying out our social contribution activities.
- We will incorporate CSR into business activities so that CSR and our business are integrally intertwined in an ongoing synergy that contributes to better business performance.
- We will carry out CSR activities through open, two-way communication with society and always ensure that we are accountable for, and transparent in, our actions.
Key CSR Themes
When we formulated Fusion 20 in fiscal 2015, we revised the importance (materiality) of various efforts to the Daikin Group, and as a result came up with four key CSR themes—the environment, new value creation, customer satisfaction, and human resources—as ways to carry out CSR for value provision.
We also established five CSR themes fundamental to our business activities: corporate governance, respect for human rights, supply chain management, stakeholder engagement, and communities.
|CSR for value provision
|We provide healthy and comfortable air environments for people around the world while at the same time reducing environmental impact.
- New value creation
- Customer satisfaction
- Human resources
|We respond to societal demands for greater transparency and more open business practices.
- Corporate governance
- Respect for human rights
- Supply chain management
- Stakeholder engagement
For key CSR themes up until fiscal 2015, see the following page.
"History of CSR Activities" (CSR Management)
Group Conduct Guidelines
Daikin's Group Conduct Guidelines define the fundamental corporate ethics and compliance that each and every officer and employee of all Group companies around the world must follow in conducting businesses globally.
Each Group company globally then establishes their specific codes of conduct in accordance with the laws and customs of each country and region. In this manner, we comprehensively promote best practices in corporate ethics and compliance.
Group Conduct Guidelines
- Providing Safe, High Quality Products and Services
We shall make every effort to ensure the safety and quality of our products and services from the standpoint of our customers. Should a problem occur regarding safety, we shall immediately take appropriate action.
- Free Competition and Fair Trading
We shall observe all applicable laws and regulations relating to fair competition and fair trade of each country and region, including antimonopoly laws. Furthermore, we shall conduct fair sales and procurement activities based on proper corporate ethics and in accordance with sound business practices and social norms.
- Observing Trade Control Laws
We shall not participate in any transactions that may undermine the maintenance of global peace and security and world order. We shall always act in compliance with all applicable export- and import-related laws and regulations of each country and region, as well as the Daikin Group Security Trade Control Policy, which relates to foreign trade control.
- Respect and Protection of Intellectual Property Rights
Recognizing that intellectual property rights are important company assets, we shall strive to protect and maintain our intellectual property rights and effectively utilize them. Furthermore, we shall respect and make every effort not to infringe upon the intellectual property rights of other companies.
- Proper Management and Utilization of Information
We shall properly manage and effectively utilize the confidential information of our company, the confidential information obtained from other companies, and the personal information of our customers and employees and shall not obtain any information through improper means. We shall thoroughly execute IT security management for our computer systems and the data-resources saved on them.
- Prohibition of Insider Trading
To maintain the trust of the securities market, we shall not use non-public information about the Daikin Group or other companies to buy or sell stocks or other securities (insider trading).
- Timely and Appropriate Disclosure of Corporate Information
Aiming to be an "open company" with high transparency and earn the respect of society, we shall actively convey corporate information in a timely fashion not only to shareholders and investors but also to a wide spectrum of society, and engage in two-way communication.
- Preservation of the Global Environment
We shall observe all applicable environmental laws and regulations of each country and region and practice initiatives that preserve the global environment in all aspects of our business operations, including product development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, and services. Also, each and every one of us shall deepen our knowledge of environmental issues, reduce the environmental load in the workplace and at home, and strive toward biodiversity conservation.
- Ensuring the Safety of Operations
We shall take all possible precautions for safe operations and act with a mindset of "Safety First" to ensure the safety of the workplace and further gain the trust of people in the regions we serve.
- Respect for Human Rights and Diversity and Observance of Labor Laws
We shall respect the human rights of each and every employee and shall not engage in conduct that discriminates on the basis of nationality, race, ethnicity, religion, color of skin, age, gender, sexual orientation, or disability. Diversity in individual values is enthusiastically accepted, and we shall work to make the unique talents and abilities of each and every person the driving force of the organization. We shall also observe both the letter and spirit of all labor laws and regulations of each country and region, and under no circumstances shall we sanction the labor of underage employees, minors who do not meet the minimum legal age requirements (child labor), or labor performed under compulsion or against a person's will (forced labor).
- Protection of Company Assets
We shall properly manage the tangible and intangible assets of our company to protect and utilize effectively these assets.
- Proper Handling of Accounting Procedures
We shall comply with all accounting standards and tax laws of each country and region as well as internal company rules in properly performing accounting procedures.
- Practicing Moderation in Entertainment and Gift Exchanges
We shall exercise moderation and perform within the acceptable range of social norms and obey the laws and regulations of each country and region in regards to entertainment, the exchange of presents, and invitations relating to the development of our global business. In particular, we shall not entertain, provide gifts of monetary value to, or extend invitations to public officials in Japan or abroad that violate the applicable laws and regulations in each respective country and region.
- Maintaining a Firm Attitude against Anti-social Activities
We shall take a firm attitude against anti-social force or organization that threatens the safety and order of the citizens of society.
- Relationship with Society
We aim to be a good corporate citizen that is trusted by society and we shall do our best to act with humility and modesty while at the same time having self-awareness and taking pride in our actions. Moreover, we shall participate in social contribution activities centered on environmental conservation, education support, and cooperation with the local community.
- Observing Each Category of Industry Law and Regulation
We shall accurately comprehend and observe all business laws and regulations of each country and region applicable to our business activities.
- The specific guidelines apply to Daikin Industries, Ltd. and its Group companies in Japan only.