|Assessment item||Assessment standard|
|01. Weight reduction of products||1-1||Weight and volume reduction of products, and main raw materials and parts||Have the weight and volume of products (including main raw materials and parts) been reduced?|
|1-2||Weight reduction of scarce materials||Have fewer scarce materials been used?|
|1-3||Reduction of refrigerants||Has less refrigerant (HFC) been used?|
|02. Use of recycled materials and parts||2-1||Use of recycled plastics||Have recycled plastics been used?|
|2-2||Labelling use of recycled plastics||Have parts been labelled as using recycled plastics?|
|2-3||Use of recycled parts||Have reused parts been used, and are these of standard quality?|
|03. Packaging||3-1||Reduce weight of packaging, simplify packaging||• Have weight and volume of packaging been reduced? Has packaging been simplified?
• Is used packaging material small and separable? Can it be easily collected and transported?
|3-2||Make it possible to recycle more packaging||• Has the use of compound materials been reduced?
• Is it easy to separate each type of material in compound materials?
• Have common materials been used across products?
• Has packaging reuse been considered?
|3-3||Use recycled packaging materials||Has recycled packaging material been used?|
|04. Reduction in environmental impact in the manufacturing process||4-1||Reduce amount of production waste||Have products been designed so that less waste is generated during production?|
|4-2||Energy efficiency in the production stage||Are product specifications such that less energy is consumed in the production stage?|
|05. Energy and resource conservation in use||5-1||Improve energy efficiency during use||Has the product been made more energy efficient during use?|
|5-2||Reduce energy consumption in standby mode||Has the product been made more energy efficient in standby?|
|5-3||Include energy and resource saving functions||Are there energy and resource saving functions?|
|5-4||Reduce amount of product consumables||Has the amount of consumables been reduced?|
|06. Product life extension||6-1||Improve durability of products and main parts and materials||Are products, parts, and materials more durable than before?|
|6-2||Greater ease of replacement and maintenance of consumables||• Does construction make it easy for users to remove and attach?
• Do parts need to be replaced less often than before?
• Is there more information than before regarding parts replacement posted on the main unit and in the user manual?
|6-3||Possibility and greater ease of maintenance and repair||• Have parts requiring maintenance and repair been clearly indicated?
• Are parts common across products?
• Does construction allow for easy maintenance and repair?
|6-4||Tell customers how to get longer use out of products||• Are users and repair companies being provided with maintenance and repair information that will extend product life? Are the content, explanations, and illustration methods of the information improved over previous information?
• Can Daikin provide repair companies with breakdown diagnosis and repair measures, as well as information related to safety and other matters?
|07. Ease of delivery/collecting/transporting||7-1||Improve handling and safety of products during delivery, collection, and transport||• Have items been loaded evenly and balanced, and can collection and transport take place safely?
• For heavy, bulky items, are handles and wheels properly positioned?
|7-2||Improve loading efficiency of products during delivery, collection, and transport||Is it easy to improve loading efficiency, and is there no danger of items falling off?|
|08. Raise possibility of reuse of resources||8-1||Raise possibility of use of plastics||Have easy-to-recycle plastics been used?|
|8-2||Raise recycling ratio||Has the overall possible recycling ratio of the product been raised?|
|09. Ease of disassembly and separation of materials by hand||9-1||Easy to disassemble products and separate parts by hand||• Does construction make it easy to disassemble products and remove parts by hand?
• Do products have a recycling logo that indicates greater ease of disassembly? Is information provided that makes disassembly easy?
|9-2||Reduce compound materials||Is there less use of compound materials that make parts and materials separation difficult?|
|9-3||Use common materials across products||Have common materials been used across products?|
|10. Ease of shredding/classifying for recycling||10-1||Make shredding easier||• Is shredding with a shredder easy?
• Can products and parts fit into a shredder?
• Has there been a check to ensure that there are no substances that may damage or dirty the equipment or the materials that will be reused?
|11. Environmental conservation capabilities||11-1||Use low global warming potential refrigerants||Do products use low global warming potential refrigerants, which contribute less to global warming?|
|11-2||Reduce PVC||Has the amount of PVC been reduced?|
|11-3||Protect environment during recycling and disposal stages||• Have safety measures been taken and has refrigerant been properly recovered so that there are no leaks of refrigerants or refrigerator oil during collection and transport.
• Are refrigerant recovery methods stated in the documentation?
• Can parts, including environmentally harmful substances, be removed using standard tools?
|11-4||Provide information to persons at all stages of the life cycle||Have users and relevant contractors been provided with proper information?|
|12. Disclosure of information||12-1||Label product, parts, user manual, packaging, etc.||Are there energy and resource saving functions?|
|12-2||Provide information in product catalogs and on the website||• Do product catalogs and the website provide users with information on matters such as energy efficiency and resource efficiency functions?
• Is there documentation giving information on how to recycle and protect the environment, and information on safety during product disposal?
|13. LCA||13-1||Determine the environmental impact at each lifecycle stage||Has a lifecycle assessment been conducted regarding the environmental impact at each lifecycle stage, such as materials, production, transport, use, and final disposal?|
|13-2||Consider how to reduce environmental impact during the lifecycle||Does a lifecycle assessment show that the product exerts less environmental impact in terms of CO2 emissions and global warming potential?|