Free Competition and Fair Business Dealings
Ensuring thorough legal compliance and conducting fair business practices
Based on our Group Conduct Guidelines, which state that we conduct free competition and fair business dealings, Daikin conducts fair business practices.
Group Conduct Guidelines
2. Free Competition and Fair Trading
We shall observe all applicable laws and regulations relating to fair competition and fair trade of each country and region, including antimonopoly laws. Furthermore, we shall conduct fair sales and procurement activities based on proper corporate ethics and in accordance with sound business practices and social norms.
- Observance of the Anti-Monopoly Act
- To ensure free competition, we shall not enter into agreements with our competitors in any country to predetermine pricing, production and sales quantity, production and sales models, business partners, sales territory, date of product launch, or similar anti-competitive action.
- In the case of tendered bids and quotations, we shall not enter into any agreements with our competitors to predetermine bid price or bid recipient.
- We shall not set the resale prices of Daikin products sold by dealers, nor shall we set the listed price in promotional campaigns or in retail stores.
- We shall not unfairly inhibit our dealers from selling other companies' products, nor shall we restrict their sales territories, sales routes, purchase routes, or take any similar action in violation of the Anti-Monopoly Act or other fair-trade laws.
- Observance of Act against Unjustifiable Premiums and Misleading Representations
- When indicating quality, performance, place of origin, terms and conditions and other matters related to our products and services, we shall use accurate and appropriate expressions to ensure that our products and services are not misrepresented to our customers.
- Any and all premiums (giveaways, discounts, etc.) given in connection with our sales transactions shall fully comply with the Act against Unjustifiable Premiums and Misleading Representations.
- Strict Observance of Procurement Rules and the Subcontract Act
- When selecting suppliers, we shall widely open our door to companies worldwide to provide fair and equal business opportunities. In addition, we shall grow together with our suppliers, maintaining friendly yet tense competitive relations so that we can develop our business together with our suppliers.
- We shall promote the understanding and cooperation of our suppliers in our Group to strive together in legal compliance, respect for human rights, preservation of the environment, and contribution to the development of a sustainable society.
- We shall strictly observe the Subcontract Act (Act against Delay in Payment of Subcontract Proceeds, Etc. to Subcontractors) in regard to transactions with our suppliers as we follow sound business and work to protect our business partners.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. strives to always comply with Japan's Antimonopoly Act, Act against Unjustifiable Premiums and Misleading Representations, and Subcontract Act. For example, annual training plans are made based on the needs of each division. As necessary, we assign experts such as lawyers and employees in the legal department as instructors for these division-based training courses. In this way, communication with each division ensures the most effective training. At the same time, self assessments include checks that relevant laws are being obeyed.