Supply Chain CSR Promotion Guidelines
10. Ensure safe operations and appropriate hygiene management
Take all possible precautions for safe operations and act with a mindset of “Safety First” to ensure the safety of the workplace and further gain the trust of people in the regions you serve.
Implement appropriate hygiene management and disease prevention measures.
- Observe Safety-related Laws and Regulations and Establish and Observe Internal Standards to Ensure Safe Operations
Establish safety-related laws and regulations and internal company safety rules in response to experience and past failures, and observe these policies in the interests of safety. Observe society’s safety-related laws and regulations, establish internal rules suitable to your company’s business, constantly review these rules to make them appropriate, and strictly follow them in order to raise the level of safety.
- Take Precautions Based on the Likelihood of Danger
To ensure operational safety, determine the possible sources of hazards before an accident or disaster occurs, and take precautions to prevent such occurrences.
Together with near-miss training and danger prediction activities, examine possible causes of danger in the workplace through risk assessment, and draft countermeasures for risk and conduct PDCA in order to achieve “zero danger” in every aspect of your organization.
- Take Immediate Action in Response to an Accident or Disaster
- In the event of an accident or disaster, rescue the victims and prevent the spread of the accident or disaster. If necessary, take prompt and speedy measures in the community by, for example, issuing an evacuation order for locals and leading them in the evacuation.
- Have a business continuity plan (BCP) in place that includes measures such as quickly restoring equipment damaged in the disaster. If a disaster occurs, make every effort to minimize its impact.
- Appropriate hygiene management and disease prevention
- Exposure of workers to hazardous substances (e.g. chemical and biological agents) must be identified, assessed, and risk managed.
- Provide clean hygiene equipment and eating facilities and areas for employees.