To ensure reliability of the content of this report, Daikin contracts with a third-party to verify its data on greenhouse gas emissions, water use, waste water, waste emissions, and chemical substances emissions.
Data Covered by Verification
Environmental Impact Data on Business Operations in FY2019
- Scope 1 and Scope 2 greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, water use, waste water, waste emissions, and chemical substances emissions from business operations of four production bases in Japan of Daikin Industries, Ltd.,, eight production subsidiaries in Japan, and 46 production subsidiaries overseas.
- Category 1 (purchased goods and services), 11 (use of sold products), and 12 (final product disposal) emissions of Scope 3 GHG emissions calculated in line with the GHG Protocol's "Corporate Value Chain (Scope3) Accounting and Reporting Standard."
Scope of Review
Contribution to CO2 Emission Reduction through the Use of Products
- Contribution to CO2 emission reduction through the use of inverter air conditioners sold in emerging countries in fiscal 2019.
- Contribution to CO2 emission reductions through the use of air conditioners sold in Japan, Europe, North America and China in fiscal 2019.
- Contribution to greenhouse gas emission reductions through fiscal 2019 worldwide sales of air conditioners that use R-32 low global warming potential refrigerant.
INDEPENDENT ASSURANCE STATEMENT