To ensure reliability of the content of this report, Daikin had a third-party verification conducted for data on greenhouse gas emissions, water use, waste water, waste emissions, and chemical substances emissions.
Data Covered by Verification
Environmental Impact Data on Business Operations in FY2017
- Scope 1 and Scope 2 greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, water use, waste water, waste emissions, and chemical substances emissions from business operations of four production bases in Japan of Daikin Industries, Ltd., eight production subsidiaries in Japan, and 47 production subsidiaries overseas.
- Category 1 (purchased goods and services), 4 (upstream transportation and distribution), 6 (business travel), and 11 (use of sold products) emissions of Scope 3 GHG emissions calculated in line with the GHG Protocol's ‘Corporate Value Chain (Scope3) Accounting and Reporting Standard.'
Scope of Review
Contribution to CO2 Emission Reduction through the Use of Products
- Contribution to CO2 emission reduction through the use of inverter air conditioners sold in emerging countries in fiscal 2017.
- Contribution to CO2 emission reductions through the use of air conditioners sold in industrialized countries in fiscal 2017.
- Contribution to greenhouse gas emission reductions through fiscal 2017 worldwide sales of air conditioners that use R-32 low global warming potential refrigerant.
Daikin Group Sustainability Report 2018 Independent Verification Report
GREENHOUSE GAS EMISSIONS VERIFICATION STATEMENT