To ensure reliability of the content of this report, Daikin contracts with a third-party to verify its data on greenhouse gas emissions, water use, waste water, waste emissions, and chemical substances emissions.
Data Covered by Verification
Environmental Impact Data on Business Operations in FY2021
- Scope 1 and Scope 2 greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, water use, waste water, waste emissions, and chemical substances emissions from business operations of four production bases in Japan of Daikin Industries, Ltd.,, eight production subsidiaries in Japan, and 58 production subsidiaries overseas.
- Category 1 (purchased goods and services), 11 (use of sold products), and 12 (final product disposal) emissions of Scope 3 GHG emissions calculated in line with the GHG Protocol's "Corporate Value Chain (Scope3) Accounting and Reporting Standard."
Scope of Review
Contribution to Greenhouse Gas Emission Reduction* through the Use of Products
- Amount of contribution to emission reduction
- Contribution to greenhouse gas emission reduction through the spread of air conditioners and heat pumps, hot water supply systems and refrigeration systems with lower emissions
- Contribution to greenhouse gas emission reduction due to the use of R-32 refrigerant in air conditioners and refrigeration systems by other companies as a result of the Daikin group's offer of free access to the patents, technical support, etc.
- Amount of refrigerant recovery and recycling from market
- Refrigerant recovered from the market or reclaimed by the Daikin group and reclaimed refrigerant purchased by the Daikin group(in CO2 equivalent)
- Calculated with F-gas recovery rate as 0%.
INDEPENDENT ASSURANCE STATEMENT